Multi-Property Landlord Insurance

Compare Multi-Property Landlord Insurance Quotes

  • Quotes from up to 29 trusted insurers
  • Complete one short form
  • Find a great today!
Get Quotes

Compare multi-property insurance quotes from UK’s leading landlord insurers including:

  • more-than-logo
  • endsleigh-logo
  • rac-logo
  • axa-logo
  • ageas-logo
  • admiral-logo
  • swinton-logo

Why Compare Multi-Property Landlord Insurance With SimplyQuote

Anyone who has ever tried managing the various needs of multiple residential and commercial properties themselves will know that it’s no walk in the park.

This is especially true in instances where properties are spread throughout the country – which can cause the property owner to be constantly swept off their feet as they travel up and down the UK, putting out fires (figuratively, at least we hope).

Let SimplyQuote take the hassle and stress out of comparing multiple insurance quotes for the properties you own, rent and manage. In just a few clicks, you can enjoy the luxury of having all your properties covered under one policy with one renewal date. Easy.


What Do You Need To Get A Quote?

Why Do You Need Multi-Property Landlord Insurance ?

What Are The Benefits Of A Multi-Property Landlord Insurance Policy?

There are many advantages of a multiple property landlord insurance policy, from peace of mind to cost savings.

Let’s take a closer look:

Peace of mind

Know all your rental premises are covered with quality insurance and you’re protected from any legal disputes made against you by tenants or third-party persons.


Having all your properties on one policy with one renewal date reduces the amount of admin fees and paperwork.


Add or remove properties as your portfolio grows.


It’s often cheaper to bundle many properties together as opposed to single policies.

What Does Multi-Property Landlord Insurance Cover?

What Are The Types Of Multi-Property Landlord Insurance?

What Add-Ons Are Available For Multi-Property Landlord Insurance?

As mentioned, there are many optional extras multi-property landlords can add to their insurance policy:

Rent guarantee insurance

One of the most stressful things that can happen to a landlord is having tenants within your property who are not paying rent. Rent loss occurs more frequently than you might think, and – without the proper rent cover – there is little landlords can feasibly do.

To protect yourself from falling victim to unpaying tenants, landlords should always incorporate rent guarantee cover (also called tenant default insurance) into their insurance plan.

Loss of rent cover

The policy provides financial aid when your rented property is inhabitable following an insured event.

Alternative accommodation cover

This is only required if you (the landlord) have stated in the tenancy agreement that you’ll relocate tenants (at your/the landlord’s expense) in the event of an insured event.

Legal expenses

All legal fees and costs (including any compensation) will be covered by opting for landlord liability insurance.

As mentioned, if a tenant is injured or hurt within the property – or blames you (the landlord) as the cause of their injury – they are entitled to pursue you for compensation.

This can be a messy and expensive problem that, if you are not adequately prepared for it, can amount to hefty bills – and loads of stress!

Accidental damage cover

Accidental damage insurance (as you could probably derive from the name) aims to give landlords peace of mind should anything within their property get broken.

Any landlord who has accidental damage insurance will not have to pay the repair costs of getting whatever has broken fixed (e.g. boilers, walls, toilets, etc.).

Malicious damage cover

Intentional damage insurance protects landlords from any intentional damage to the property’s interior and exterior. This includes damage that the tenants have caused themselves or anyone else who has willingly damaged the property.

Property owners’ liability insurance

This may or may not form part of standard liability cover as mentioned above. Property owners’ liability insurance covers any legal fees and compensation costs that tenants or third-party persons bring against you.

Employers liability cover

This is legally required if you employ staff at your (multiple) properties, such as property managers, cleaners and ground staff. It covers legal costs and compensation payouts should an employee become injured while on duty.

Note: You’ll be whacked with a daily fine of £2,500 if you don’t have this insurance in place.

Key replacement cover

This policy will cover the costs of replacing lost keys.

Terrorism cover

As the name suggests, terrorism cover protects you, your tenants and your properties against acts of terrorism (i.e. damage caused by an individual/group acting on behalf of an organisation). However, this policy add-on does not apply to residential and commercial properties in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

How Much Does Multi-Property Landlord Insurance Cost?

How Can You Get Cheaper Multi-Property Landlord Insurance Rates?

How To Compare Multi-Property Landlord Insurance Quotes With SimplyQuote?

Compare various landlord insurance policies with SimplyQuote in four easy steps:

  1. Fill in the short form: Tell us about yourself, your properties and their respective locations.
  2. Choose policy add-ons: Choose which additional cover add-ons you want.
  3. Compare quotes: Find a quote to suit your budget and property needs.
  4. Save money: Get the best deal to start saving today.
Get Quotes

Frequently Asked Questions

What is multi-property landlord insurance?

Multi-property landlord insurance is a specific type of landlord insurance for owners of one or more privately rented properties to tenants. These property types can be residential or commercial properties – or both.

Does standard landlord insurance cover multiple properties?

In short: no.

The fundamental difference between standard landlord insurance and insurance for multiple properties is that the latter allows property owners to manage their portfolio of properties under one policy. In contrast, standard insurance only typically covers one property.

Do I need both homeowner’s insurance and landlord insurance?

Principally, yes.

Homeowner’s insurance covers a property that you reside in, whereas landlord insurance is for properties that are being rented – therefore, you’ll need to have both to be fully covered.

Who has the best landlord insurance?

It is challenging to choose “the best” provider.

Insurance providers offer multiple packages and policies, each tailored around the landlord’s specific requirements. Landlords should always make sure they get a landlord insurance quote from a few providers before they settle on one – SimplyQuote’s comparison tool can do this for you!